Last updated: 1 June 2023
“Personal information”, is any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as your name, identification number, location data, online identifier, or one or more factors specific to you. Personal information includes “sensitive personal information” and “pseudonymized personal information” but excludes anonymous information or information that has had the identity of an individual permanently removed.
- Information We Collect and How We Use It
- Cookies Policy
- Opting Out of Communications
- Disclosing Information to Third Parties
- Links to Other Portals
- Child Privacy
- International Transfer of Information
- Applicable Laws
Information We Collect and How We Use it
The following describes the types of personal and other information we may collect about you, and how we use and maintain that information.
Information You Provide to Us
SAMPLED gathers and retains personal information about you, including name, email address, phone number, as well as your organization’s related data which may include order details, shipping address, or background information when you voluntarily submit it to us on behalf of your organization.
Before you can utilize some portions of our Portals, we may require that you request access to those portions by providing us with your contact information, a username, and a password. If you provide us with a telephone number or an email address, you expressly agree that we, or our authorized agents, can use that information to contact you about your access request or your account, or about SAMPLED and its associated activities.
SAMPLED collects information submitted by individuals and their organizations, which may include personal information such as names of organizations’ personnel, business and mailing addresses, phone numbers, physicians license numbers, and pending or concluded clinical reports. If you submit personal information of others to SAMPLED, you represent and warrant that you have the necessary consent or authority to do so.
We may keep any information that you provide to us in accordance with SAMPLED retention policy and the applicable laws.
Portal Use Information
How We Use Information
We use the personal information you give us, that we collect through your organization
- to carry out our obligations arising from your registration and any other agreement entered into between you or your organization and us;
- to identify you and communicate with you;
- to update and communicate with you regarding your account as required;
- to provide you with the information and services you request from us;
- to conduct our regulatory activities and to conduct research and analysis;
- to respond to your questions and provide related services;
- to improve SAMPLED Portals;
- to enhance your experience with SAMPLED’s outreach;
- to communicate with you about new or existing SAMPLED activities and other information that SAMPLED believes is relevant and useful to its users, where you have not opted out of receiving such information;
- to send you third party information that SAMPLED believes is relevant and useful to you, where you have given your consent;
- to notify you about changes to our activities or related services or to ask you to provide feedback;
- to enable you to participate in a conference or seminar or complete a survey; or
- to administer and protect our business and Portals (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting, enhancements and hosting of data).
We use the aggregate, anonymous Portal use data collected to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of visitors to the Portals; to measure user interests regarding specific areas of the Portals; and to analyze how and where best to use our resources. Without such data, we would not know which parts of the Portals we would not be able to change and update our systems and services appropriately.
Opting Out of Communications
If you have subscribed to or are otherwise receiving SAMPLED news or similar information from us by email and no longer want to receive such information in the future, you may opt out of receiving these emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of those emails you receive or on the unsubscribe page on the Portals. Please allow ample time for us to process your request. If you are having difficulty unsubscribing, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
Please note that even if you opt out of receiving emails, you may still receive communications related to SAMPLED’s oversight activities or otherwise as required by law. Also note that we may need to keep information we have collected about you for record-keeping, research, and other purposes.
Disclosing Information to Third Parties
- You request or authorize the release of your personal information.
- We may also disclose personal information to service providers or suppliers if the disclosure will enable that party to perform business, professional, or technical support for us.
- We may also share aggregated or anonymous information that cannot identify you with third parties. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to our Portals or the number of people who have downloaded a particular document.
We use technology designed to encrypt the transmission of data to us through our Portals. In addition, we take steps to protect all user data we collect against any unauthorized access. However, you should keep in mind that the Portals are run on software, hardware and networks, any component of which may, from time to time, require maintenance or experience problems or breaches of security beyond our control.
While we take steps to protect your personal information and keep it secure, you also play a role in protecting your information. You must maintain the security of your online transactions by not sharing your passwords and account information with any unauthorized parties.
Links to Other Portals
If you are under the age of 18, please do not use or access the Portals. It is not our intention to collect or use personal information from anyone under 18 years of age, and we will not knowingly do so. If we are made aware that we have collected any personal information from children under the age of 18, and are asked to delete such information from our system, we will promptly do so.
International Transfer of Information
If you access the Portals from outside of the United States, information that we collect about you will be transferred to servers inside the United States and maintained indefinitely, which may involve the transfer of information out of your country of origin. By allowing us to collect information about you, you consent to such transfer and processing of your data.
30 Knightsbridge Road
Building 3, Piscataway, NJ 08854
U.S.A Tel: +1 908 460 8443